Saturday, August 8, 2009

Get you in the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N0w2rORwSc

I have just finished my rotation in surgery - general surgery, but specifically colorectal. I have also done "surgical take" - where patients come in with usually bellyache but pretty much anything that could be a surgical problem. This happens in the "Surgical Assessment Unit". There is a room there, for seeing patients initally. This room contains a bed, a sink, a table, three boxes of assorted sized gloves, and a box full of bottles of KY jelly. Many people who come in with abdominal pain - in fact, almost all - should have a rectal examination and this is the place it's done. Regulars to the SAU know the room. One such man - with a colitis that keeps him returning - I've seen a few times over the four months. He makes a joke of it each time. "After all this, I'll have to buy you dinner sometime."

No comments: